Monday, October 10, 2011

It's quickly approaching...

It's become obvious the past few days that my little O-dawg will be running around the house breaking things (as opposed to crawling around and breaking them) very, very soon.

Don't worry. We don't really call him O-dawg. Not out loud, anyway.

Lately, he has been transitioning from his normal routine of cruising around to coffee table to trying to make it from the coffee table to the couch. Granted, he doesn't 'walk' from the table to the couch, exactly. It's more of a dive-toward-the-couch-and-take-some-steps- in- the-process. (I like hyphens.)

I've been experimenting with this and am slowly inching the table farther away from the couch every so often. This hasn't intimidated him in the least. I think he sees the ever-growing gap as a challenge.

I'm half-excited and half-scared of him becoming more mobile, but I suppose either way it's inevitable.

He has also learned how to give high fives (not just one at a time, though. You have to be prepared to get at least 30 'fives' before he gets bored with it) and clap. The clapping is ridiculously cute. Of course, he won't do it when I try to catch it on camera, though, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

Also, when I have a little more time to post without Owen trying to rip my laptop in half I will finally post pics of the new place. I did some home improvement this weekend and I'm excited to share. :-)

Oh, and here's a cute picture of Owen and Daddy:

1 comment:

  1. Hi there. I found your site thru another mommy blogger.Owen is absolutely gorgeous! Would love if you check out my site at www.the-mommyhood-chronicles.com. Now following you:)

    ReplyDelete