Monday, December 5, 2011

11 Months

Today my little stink is 11 months old. That's hard to swallow.

It seems like he just got here but, then again, I can't really remember what life was like before him.



My big 11 month old is too busy 'reading' to look at the camera.


 The last few days Owen has been obsessed with books. If you sit down in the floor, he automatically grabs a book and plops down in your lap. This may be my favorite phase so far. I love having him just chill and snuggle with me while we read. It's so rare that he stays still for very long anymore, so these moments are precious.

I had a big losery mom moment today. Driving to work, I was listening to a country station and 'There Goes my Life' by Kenny Chesney came on. I knew I should change the station, but didn't. I made it to the last verse (you know, the part where the kid goes off to college) before I was bawling my eyes out. I can't think about him being a grown up yet.

I can't even handle that he's going to be one in a month.

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean -- people say, "Don't you remember when ____ happened, way back in school?" and I'm all "No, dude. I have a kid. I don't remember anything before she came along." Its hard to describe. Mine is 3 1/2 and it seems like I used to measure time differently, in days and months and minutes but since I had her, time seems fluid and continuous, as if there are no breaking points to measure by. It has been one continuous era since she was born. Strange.

    When I first went back to work when Jo was 6 mos old, I cried every day in the bathroom for three weeks. When she was about 18 mos old, she started at daycare. I cried so hard in my car after dropping her off I almost threw up. This went on for days. True story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You put it perfectly, Mel. When Owen gets older I vote we make him and Jo be friends. Or, you know, they could just be friends now. She can show him the ropes. :-)

    ReplyDelete