Thursday, September 15, 2011

Did that just happen?

Holy crap.

Owen stood up today. I mean, he's been pulling himself up for a while, but this was a huge shock.

We were sitting in the living room this afternoon before I went to work and Owen was holding onto the coffee table and cruising around it.

As usual, he started pushing everything he could reach off of the table. He got his hands on the thermometer that was sitting on the edge of the table, and Ross grabbed it away from him.

Owen looked up at him like, "Seriously, Dad?" and let go of the table to try and get it back.

He didn't fall. He just stood there, reaching for the thermometer for a few seconds before he gently put his hands back on the table. Then he did it again.

I was shocked at how stable he was. It was no big deal to him, but we flipped out. Even my normally stoic husband was yelling, "Did you see that? Did he just do that?"

My little nugget is growing up way too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment