Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Hiatus from the Evil Baby Era

Today the evil streak seems to have ended (for now).

This morning was my husband's day to get up with Owen, so I got to sleep in a little. I was woken up by a super-giggly baby in bed with me. (Ross put him there. Don't worry, he's not climbing up there by himself yet.)

When nap time rolled around, he went down with no problems (2 minutes of fussing, max), then slept for an hour and a half.

Great start to the day? Absolutely.

It's also pretty incredible to see how much more mobile Owen gets each day. It's no big deal for him to pull himself to standing and cruise around the furniture anymore. He doesn't think twice about crawling. Today he even stood up on the couch without holding onto anything. Of course, he fell over after a second because the couch is, well, a couch, but it was crazy.

I just didn't expect for all of this to be happening at 8 months old. I thought I had a long time before I would have to worry about baby-proofing and whatnot. I was wrong.

Rupp (the cat) is not happy about Owen's new-found mobility. When we put Owen on the floor to let him roam, Rupp gives us this look like, "Are you really just letting that thing free-range now?" His fears are well-founded, however, because any time Owen actually gets his hand on him fur flies.

We're working hard to teach Owen how to gently pet the cat, but so far he only has an interest in pulling out his fur, screeching at him then drooling on his head. This will be a process, to say the least.

One aspect of the evilness stuck around today: Growling.

Yes, my child growls. It's more hilarious than terrifying, though. Plus, when you growl at him, he growls back. It's one of our favorite games at the moment.

To wrap this up, here's a pic of my little 'stud muffin.' Cutest baby ever? The answer is yes.


No comments:

Post a Comment