Monday, September 19, 2011

The Millers have relocated!

We're finally moved into our new place (a house and not a tiny apartment, hooray)!

We still don't have internet/ cable for a few more days, so I can't post pictures yet, but they're coming.

Here's rundown of important stuff that went down during the weekend/ move:

*Owen hit his nose on the coffee table. Screaming ensued. He was over it in a matter of minutes, though, so I'm not too worried. I figure that as ornery as he is, a bonk on the face is small change compared to what he's going to do in the future. I better hope we wind up with good insurance.

*New house smells like vinegar. Yes, vinegar. If you know me, you know that it is, in fact, my favorite condiment, but I do not want my house to smell like it. We're renting, and when they cleaned it before we moved in they left bowls of vinegar all over the house. I have no idea why, but even after I poured them out the house still reeks of it. I suspect someone spilled it on the carpet. Time to rent a rug doctor.

*Rupp got stuck in the litter box. I bought him one with a lid since Owen is free-ranging now that we have more space and I don't want him to eat cat poop. Rupp made it in the door, did his business and then couldn't get out. He scratched on the sides until I rescued him. I'm still looking for a creative solution to this.

*Like I said, we don't have cable or internet so we've been burning through DVDs like crazy. I'm pretty sure we've exhausted every good movie we own. Even a few of the crappy ones. We've watched the likes of Toy Story 2&3, Secondhand Lions, The Strangers, 28 Days Later, Zoolander, Veggie Tales and the Rocky Horror Picture Show (and more). Luckily, we live 2 blocks from a Red Box now, so that's handy. And, yes, we are those people who have the TV on for background noise all the time. We haven't actually sat in front of the TV for all of these movies, so don't worry.

*Owen caught Rupp. After all of his attempts to chase him down throughout his lifetime he finally cornered him under and end table yesterday and caught him. Rupp is not amused and has since been spending his time sitting in the window where Owen can't reach.

I guess that sums things up nicely. We're loving the new place so far. We have TONS of space now and I even have a drier that dries things the FIRST time I run it. It's amazing.

More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment